Voice assistants as assistive technologies
These two interviews were specifically conducted to follow up and specify details on the comparison between assistive technologies and voice assistants.
- 2021-12-10 Voice assistants as assistive technologies with 9ASqQv and 8Y11NR
- 2021-12-10 Voice assistants as assistive technologies with DgaB8Q
Voice Assistants Extended
How do Voice Assistants mediate our access to the world, especially within the context of inclusion design. I wanted to gain insights into how voice assistants and assistive technologies compare.
- 2021-09-09 VA Extended with 5gQeRi
- 2021-08-25 VA Extended with 3j14j0
- 2021-08-25 VA Extended with 9ASqQv
Voice Assistant Basics
These interviews were held with representatives from households with two or more member without regards to the specific assemblage. It was important that the voice assistant is present as a electronic device within a socio-material situation. I was interested to see what place and role such a voice assistant will inherit within these assemblages.
- 2021-01-08 Voice Assistant Basics with bXQw3h
- 2020-11-20 Voice Assistant Basics with 0TFKnT
- 2020-11-13 Voice Assistant Basics with eQXH0W
- 2020-11-12 Voice Assistant Basics with j5mWdx
- 2020-11-12 Voice Assistant Basics with YzCTXF
Notes on Transcripts
Most Interviews were held in Swiss-German dialekt as this was the most natural way of talking. In the transcripts I opted for a translation into german to enable an easier and automated translations into other languages. As the analysis is mostly interested into the semantic content of what was said, as opposed to how it was said, I ommited expletive words and delay sounds.